Little of this, little of that, lots of domination.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Scheduled Events

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brock
Brockalisious

PostSubject: Scheduled Events   2009-07-21, 15:49

Glancing on at what we have so far accomplished is pretty rewarding. We've killed NM's together that many of us have never had to deal with before. We've died horoically to the imps at the La Vaule house. Lowmanned Dyna Sandy from MH to Manor with 8 people. We're kicking ass and doing a great job!

However, a inquiry though about scheduling events.

We have people with many different things going on at once. For example, Hotsecs Salvage Members have a place to be on Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Over 75% of the rest of the group does not have that commitment. I have Limbus on Tuesday's and Friday afternoons and many of you do not. What I am getting at is whether or not we want to plan events with time and stick to it. It's difficult planning our evenings with events and much of the time it feels we plan money events on improv; spur of the moment "Oh, let's do this!" We know we're doing Dynamis on Tuesdays, that is a gimme. Lately, Wednesday seem to have been our Popable NM fights (Swift Belt, Uggy, now Soboro) and that's cool too. Atleast we know what we are doing on Tuesdays and Wednesday. I wrote this though knowing that we've been sitting on 7/8 of the La Vaule SCNM pop set since Last Monday and more than likely we wont have another go at Coggtooth Skaggnogg for our last key item until atleast next week. I know this has been a update week and now we have crazy maintenance hours going on but I think we need to pay a visit to Coggtooth soon or if he is not up, atleast start on our next pop set really soon and kick these SCNMs into 5th gear. We are on pace to completing 1 La Vaule SCNM/per month and when other groups are doing an SCNM battle per week.

Just something on my mind... thoughts/suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/brock.akerman
Amberly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Events   2009-07-21, 17:46

I think we need to get about 5-10 more consistent members and we will be able to run events whenever we want. Spread the word to "good" players and friends and we can slowly set days for each event. Just having this shell for 1 month we have 3 days set in stone.

Tue: dynamis
Wed: wtfwwtd (Whatever the fuck we want to do) as said by fos
Fri: ANMM

3/7 isnt to bad for the members we have so far so we will slowly build on it but we can not force/rush things b/c it will start to feel like anyother endgame shell and not like the LoLBrogame I know.

Brock
Brockalisious

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Events   2009-07-21, 18:18

I guess my concern is finding an equal balance between keeping it fun, fresh, and new and at the same time being consistant, efficient, and profitable.

We don't have some sort of LS slogan or anything but if we did it would be a paraphrased version along the lines of:
"Making gil as efficiently and as quickly as possible and spreading our wealth throughout the shell"

My problem is:
Doing...
The "Fun" comes from doing these events with trustworthy friends that I know and like in-game.
The "Fresh" comes from doing new events everyday; we never do an ANNM or SCNM back to back.
The "New" comes from the unexplorered areas and kill methods that we have never tried.
...And balancing...
The "Consistant" is setting the frequency at which we do things together.
Our "Efficiency" is how quickly and resourceful we are at killing what we need to kill, selling what we need to sell.
and obviously "Profitablility", probably the top two reasons we are here. To gear and gil our members out.

If we were to lean heavily on either side of this pendulum, people might reconsider lolbrogames as a home. No one wants to be in a shell that is either not fun or not profitable.

This entire thread all stemmed from two things. My analysis of our SCNM pop set this morning and last night, seeing all the people in Linkshell list and having a couple of them ask in /l "What are we doing tonight." Sure it was update night but I like having everyone on the same page. Hell, I didn't even know what we were doing last night and I was under the impression that an SCNM was scheduled to take place. Then we ended up going to Salvage.

As far as SCNMs go, there is a slight gil profit in drops out there in the beastie strongholds. It's no ANNM or Dynamis payout but its money no less. I've been thinking. Many of the mobs can be brought down with just what we have. Atleast while working toward expanding our roll call, perhaps farm up some pop sets so that when people do come on in in the coming weeks, we have pop sets waiting to be used. The pop set we are working on, and how close we are to completing it; it is begging to be completed and killed! You know honestly, i've been thinking about the calibur of people we have in here. I am almost 100% sure we can dig up an entire La Vaule popset in one night in under 2.5 hours. No doubt in my mind.

Perhaps i'm thinking it over too much.

I'll guess I'll just let it go and see where the cards fall...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/brock.akerman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Events   

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Events
Page 1 of 1